Fear of Death and Fear of Dying

Fear of Death, Fear of Dying, The Christian Perspective

According to studies, sixty-eight percent of Americans fear death.

However, no matter how healthy our lifestyle, our bodies are going to age and die. 

By age sixty, we'll lose some of our sense of taste, our eyes won't work as efficiently, our skin will wrinkle into permanent laugh lines or frown lines. We'll lose energy and may even lose our hair.

We can slow down this aging process, but we can’t stop it.

I admit I am not looking forward to dying (i.e. the pain of death), but I'm not fearing death. 

For Christians, dreading death is like dreading an all-expense-paid vacation in paradise where we’ll operate at full capacity in perfect harmony with our Lord.

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.… So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
-----------------
You might also enjoy these 1-minute devotions:
Three Times Dead
5 Theories of Life After Death

Fear of Death, Fear of Dying, The Christian Perspective

Bible Love Notes

2 comments:

  1. I use to fear death, but I have grown in my faith and love for Jesus. Now I don't fear death, it's just the dying I try not to think about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh DEATH Where is your STING. . . Oh GRAVE where is your VICTORY! THANK YOU JESUS!

    ReplyDelete