Even When Our Circumstances Are Bad, God Can Give Us Peace and Joy

Even When Our Circumstances Are Bad, God Can Give Us Peace and Joy
Someone deeply wounded my heart. I “knew” I couldn’t be happy unless we reconciled. I prayed, pleaded and wept for reconciliation. But the other person wasn’t interested.

Months became years, and finally I realized the situation might never change… I needed to change. 

Max Lucado writes about this: "Are you hoping that a change in circumstances will bring a change in your attitude? If so, you are in prison ... What you have in your Shepherd is greater than what you don’t have in life.”(1)

I’d been in prison, letting my happiness rest on fixing something I couldn't fix. Finally, I realized that my Shepherd’s love is greater than my pain. He’s all I need for contentment and joy.

It's a process, but I'm learning to “Rejoice in the Lord always" and allow "the peace of God, which transcends all understanding"  to guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4,7

copyright 2012, Gail Burton Purath
(1) Lucado Inspirational Reader, Copyright 2011, Thomas Nelson

These 8 Steps for Overcoming Bitterness were also helpful in dealing with my disappointment in this situation.

Did you enjoy this 1-minute devotion? Why not sign up for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion like this delivered to your email each weekday. Act now and receive a free e-booklet called "10 Days to a More Meaningful Quiet Time." Find out about subscription HERE.
Even When Our Circumstances Are Bad, God Can Give Us Peace and Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...