A Practical Way to Deal with Specific Sins

Years ago I discovered a way that helps me deal with specific sins in my life. I think it will work for most people if they do it sincerely, from the heart. #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

You can listen to this devotion on YouTube Here.

Do you have difficulty overcoming anger, negativity, procrastination, irresponsibility, bitterness, worry, jealousy ...

Years ago I discovered a way that helps me deal with specific sins in my life. I think it will work for most people if they do it sincerely, from the heart.

Here's what I do: I look for Scriptures dealing with the sin I'm struggling with, write them on 3x5 cards, and go over them daily or 2-3 times a day, meditating on them.

This might sound simplistic, but it works because the Bible is living and active, penetrating our hearts (Hebrews 4:12).

God's Word accomplishes its purposes in our lives (Isaiah 55:10-11) when we let it dwell in us richly. (Colossians 3:16).

No, we can't change ourselves. But God's Spirit and His Word can change us. Like the Psalmist, we can say, "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11

-----------------------
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2009/02/help-for-anger-fear-and-lack-of-self.html
Do a short Bible study on this devotion on Bite Size Bible Study.
  
This is a free online resource for finding specific verses: Topical Bible.
Scriptures and resources for dealing with Anger, Worry, and Lack of Self-Control.

---------------------
https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Life-Devotional-One-Minute-Reflections/dp/1087775760

I encourage you to check out the Wisdom for Life Devotional. It contains 100 one-minute devotions to challenge, encourage, instruct, and inspire your love for God's Word: Wisdom for Life. Read the story behind Wisdom for Life HERE. And find out about the two free Bible studies with purchase HERE 
 
I also encourage you to sign up for a free subscription to Bible Love Notes and get a free e-booklet. Find out more HERE.

Years ago I discovered a way that helps me deal with specific sins in my life. I think it will work for most people if they do it sincerely, from the heart.







2 comments:

  1. I'm currently struggling with a lot of things, and this tip is a practical idea I can try right away. Thanks for posting. I will implement this into my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I've read that writing things down by hand and not typing also helps things stick in your mind. I'll definitely be doing this!

    ReplyDelete