6 Things Suffering Has Taught Me

6 Things Suffering Has Taught Me - Hebrews 12:1-12
"As strange as it seems, habitual well-being is not advantageous" James Dobson*

From my personal experience, suffering has:
  1. Given me a clearer image of Who God is
  2. Made me less selfish
  3. Made me less self-righteous
  4. Strengthened me spiritually and emotionally
  5. Made me more sensitive to problems of others
  6. Made me more grateful
I can still be self-righteous, self-centered, emotionally and spiritually weak, insensitive to the problems of others, and ungrateful. But suffering has improved me and continues to do so. 

My heart breaks over things that have happened in my life, but I can truly say that I thank God for the growth that has come through these painful experiences.

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

Thank-you, Father, for growth through suffering (Hebrews 12:1-12).

* from Dr. Dobson's book: When God Doesn't Make Sense 

If you liked this devotion sign up below for a free subscription and have a 1-minute devotion delivered to your email each weekday.
After signing up, you'll be sent a FEEDBURNER email. Click link in that email to start your subscription
 .

Enter your email address

6 Things Suffering Has Taught Me - Hebrews 12:1-12


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your short, focused posts, Gail. They speak right to the heart. Thank you for your ministry here in the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so true! God bless you for your wise and timely blog posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...