Being A Woman of the Word

This short poem will inspire you. You may want to put it in your Bible as a reminder of what it means to be a "woman of the Word." #BibleLoveNotes #Bible

I wrote this poem years ago, praying it would reflect my life. I hope it encourages, challenges and inspires you to love Christ more.

This passage of Scripture is my inspiration for this poem: "I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ." Philippians 3:8-9

This short poem will inspire you. You may want to put it in your Bible as a reminder of what it means to be a "woman of the Word." #BibleLoveNotes #Bible
A Woman of the Word

The Bible wore her imprint
Its cover soft from use
The pages rubbed and wrinkled
The binding coming loose

And even if this Christian
And her Bible were apart
She still would have it with her
Hidden in her heart

Oh make me such a woman, Lord
Who hungers to be fed
Who cherishes a line from You
More than her daily bread

And when my days are over
May it be my epitaph
“She longed to spend
more time with Him
And now is doing that.”

copyright, Gail Burton Purath, BibleLoveNotes.com


When I published my first book in 2023, I used this poem to introduce it because this is my desire for myself and for my readers. If you want to check out my book, you can read the first 4 devotions on Lifeway or Amazon.


I have frequent requests from women's groups to use this poem in a hand-out or bookmark. If you would like to do that, please put "Used with permission, copyright Gail Burton Purath, BibleLoveNotes.com" on the hand-out or bookmark. You also have my permission to change the pronouns to make the poem appropriate for men's group as long as you include the copyright information. If you wish to use it for any other purpose, you must contact me at BibleLoveNotes@gmail.com. I'd love to hear from you if you use it for a hand-out or bookmark.  Thanks! Gail

This short poem will inspire you. You may want to put it in your Bible as a reminder of what it means to be a "woman of the Word."




This short poem will inspire you. You may want to put it in your Bible as a reminder of what it means to be a "woman of the Word."




7 comments:

  1. A beautiful and inspiring poem Gail, thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Thanks for this beautiful, edifying poem :) Have a blessed day dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poem, Gail! Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my how beautiful! This poem really touch my heart. Thanks for sharing Ms.
    Gail. God bless you. 🌼

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gail, We are planning a Ladies' Day at our congregation and would like to print, laminate and give out your poem to the ladies who attend. We would, of course, maintain the reference, "Copyright BibleLoveNotes.com". Would you grant permission for us to do so?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unknown,
      Could you please connect with me using the info on my © Permission page on the top under the header? Thanks!

      Delete