One More Trip

Andy last year in Budapest
Andy died yesterday at 82. 

We met Andy when he and his wife were in their 70’s and they started a Christian library in Budapest. When Phyllis died, Andy continued to make trips to Hungary to distribute books and encourage people. 

Last year Andy told us he planned to make a final trip to Budapest this year before doing ministry from home. He made a better final trip instead.

When we heard of Andy’s passing, I told my husband I want to go like Andy—with something still on my agenda for the Lord. Andy never quit living, planning, and thinking of ways God could use him. And that’s what I want to do…to go out still planning another mission trip, another Bible study, another devotion to write, another area of my life to yield more fully to Christ.

I want to hear what Andy heard yesterday from the lips of Jesus: “Well done, good and faithful servant” (Matthew 25:23).
How about you?

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a wonderful tribute to your friend! Sometimes I hear that....I am too old to do anything for the Lord...I am just not able to do like I used to....
    I pray that I don't ever give up doing as unto the Lord!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They will still bear fruit in old age." I love every example like this that I read about. Very encouraging as age creeps up. According to His leading...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love this story. I hope I go that same way, too!! Like my dad says: retire simply means you get new treads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE what you wrote!! Thats totally what I want to hear the Lord say to me someday =)
    I got a little excited when I found your linkup and added several of my favorite posts to share =) Your button can be found in my linkup sidebar button (just so you know I added it).
    Much Love!
    L

    allglorious-within.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy sounds like an amazing man! What strikes me most is how at peace he looks in the photo you shared. How blessed it is to live your life in the will of God. Thank you for blessing us this week!

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our calling is never-ending. Whether we serve in missions or witness to our neighbors. We should never think that we should "retire" from being an example of God's love!! Thanks for sharing the story of your friend!

    In His Lo♥e, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like my father-in-law. At 80, he preached one Sunday and the next he was with Jesus. Andy sounds like a precious man--sharing reading and God. I want to still be sharing Jesus at 82!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for the loss of your friend, Andy. Sounds like he was a wonderful man impacting the world for Christ. I hope that I may still have more on my agenda. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I linked up my family wall and will try to join you often for your weekly party. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete